Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Birthday Tote

Tomorrow is my niece Charlotte's 3rd birthday! I can't believe "the girls" are all turning 3! For those who don't know, 2006 added three little girls in 4 months to our family tree; first Jenny in April, then Charlotte in June, and finally (my sister) Zelie in August! Anyway, today was her party. Zac and Heather have been working hard to continue the never-ending de-cluttering and to keep things down to a comfy minimum. So after thinking a bit, I came up with the ever popular books for the special girls gift. And of course, that meant she needed a library tote bag of her very own. ;) This was my first attempt at a tote, and while I'm not thrilled with how it turned out (I learned a TON), it will (should?) hold up well to all of her love and book-toting. :) When I got the fabric, she had said that yellow was her favorite color, but by the time I made it she had switched to purple. :) I used a layer of quilt batting inside, and boxed the corners to make a flat bottom. Jenny picked out fabric for her own tote with her birthday money this year, so that will be next. I want to improve my technique a bit, and then I'd love to do a tutorial, since it is so much fun to make these!
Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. cute bag! perfect for a 3 yr old!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great bag--very colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She loves it so very much. When we got home today she had to go get her purse and bag to to go to Joann's...such a funny child. You would think I went to Joann's more than I do (for the record I think its only like 2-3 times a year)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tote! Mrs.B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE bags and I really love making bags which is probably why Maggie so many "purze" and she calls them. : ) This is super cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love reading your comments, and will try to reply to questions quickly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...